Cherry Hill is a Great Place to Live, Work, Play and Retire
With many services and programs available to residents 55 years and older, along with award-winning healthcare facilities, Cherry Hill has been listed in several publications as a wonderful place for senior citizens to live. We look forward to working with Mayor Susan Shin Angulo and Town Council to bring you even more programs and services in the coming years.
Residents 55 and older are eligible for the services of the Senior Services Program Coordinator, Gaye Pino. Gaye works with township, county, state and federal programs for seniors and is ready to help with any questions or problems as well as take suggestions. Gaye will also speak to any Cherry Hill senior group about topics ranging from health, housing, relationships, and legal referrals to name a few.
Gaye Pino, Senior Services Program Coordinator
Programs and Activities at a Glance
Cherry Hill offers a wide variety of programs, activities and services specifically for senior citizens. Here is an abbreviated list of those services.
- Bus Service for Senior & Disabled Residents - The Township provides free senior buses Monday through Friday, following a designated route. Arrangements can be made for transportation to special appointments within the Township. Call between 8:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. for a schedule or more information. Call 856-661-4711 or 856-661-4802. Download the Township's Title VI policy (PDF). Download a Title VI Complaint Form.
- Classes & Events - The Recreation Department offers ceramics, line dancing and square dancing courses for free, year-round. Additional courses such as aerobics and yoga are offered seasonally for a small fee. Non-residents may enroll in any Recreation Department program for an additional $10 fee per class.
View the Community Magazine for a complete list of activities and classes offered to Cherry Hill senior citizens.
Cherry Hill is committed to ensuring that no person is denied access to its services, programs or activities on the basis of their disabilities as provided by title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. below are documents regarding Cherry
Hill's ADA program:
- ADA Modification Policy (PDF)
- ADA Complaint Policy (PDF)
- ADA Complaint Form (PDF)
- Discounts- Cherry Hill senior citizens can take advantage of various real estate and sewer discounts. A complete list can be found here.
- Cherry Hill Sewer Discount: Senior citizen taxpayers who are income-eligible for the $250 Property Tax Deduction automatically qualify to have the Township sewer rental fee waived. All homeowners 60 years of age or older can receive a 10% discount on Township sewer rental by showing proof of age at the Tax Collector's Office. For more information, please call 856-488-7880.
- Annual Property Tax Deduction: An annual deduction of up to $250 from property taxes for homeowners age 65 and older, or disabled who meet certain income and residency requirements. This benefit is administered by the local municipality. If you are not currently receiving this deduction, please call the Assessor's Office at 856-488-7899 or stop by Room 108 in the Municipal Building.
- Veteran's Deduction: An annual deduction of up to $250 from taxes due on real estate of qualified war veterans and their unmarried surviving spouses/civil union partners/domestic partners. If you are not currently receiving this deduction, please call the Assessor's Office for further details at 856-488-7899.
- Gold Card Program - Cherry Hill residents 55 years of age or older can obtain a Gold Card from the Recreation Department by showing proof of age and residency (i.e. a driver's license). The Gold Card entitles the bearer to discounts on township events and at participating businesses. Sign up for a Gold Card online. To view the discount directory, please click here.
- Handy Helper - Income-qualified senior citizens (ages 62+) can receive free help with minor repairs through this township program. The Township will arrange for a certified contractor to complete plumbing, carpentry, or other minor repairs. For information or to apply, call 856-488-7870.
- Social Clubs - The Carman Tilelli Community Center is home to the Maturity Club, Super Seniors, Retired Men's Club and National Association of Retired Federal Employees. For information, please click here.