Tax Bill Delay
TAX SALE ALERT
All delinquencies are subject to tax sale as of May 11, 2022.
Please remember to pay all outstanding sewer, property tax, or other municipal charges by 5:00 p.m. on May 10, 2022 in order to avoid this process.
Payments can be made in the following ways:
- By mailing a check to the Cherry Hill Township Tax Collector's Office, 820 Mercer Street Cherry Hill, NJ 08002.
- By physically dropping off your cash or check payment at the Cherry Hill Municipal Building located at 820 Mercer Street.
- Payments can be made by credit card, debit card or electronic check (e-check) on the Township’s secure website at https://www.cherryhill-nj.com/193/Tax-Collector.
- Payment can also be made by the Pay by Phone feature:
- For taxes: 855-472-2993 / For sewer: 855-472-2990
- To pay taxes you will need your tax account id number.
- To pay sewer you will need your sewer account id number.
- These account id numbers can be located on the bills that you receive.
- Easy to use payment feature – simply follow the prompts.
Cherry Hill Township will hold its annual tax sale on June 29, 2022 for delinquent taxes, delinquent Township sewer, delinquent Camden County (CCMUA) sewer, and other municipal charges.
Please contact the Tax Collector’s Office at (856) 488-7880 for more information or email the Tax Collector at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tax Collector’s Office processes the billing and collection of all property taxes and Township sewer charges.
The Tax Collector’s Office acts as the collecting agency for numerous governmental bodies, including the Public School District, the Fire District, and Camden County. For more information on the distribution of tax dollars or to contact the various agencies, visit our Break It Down page.
Tax bills are mailed twice a year.
- In July for 3rd/4th quarters and in January for 1st/2nd quarters
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes
Taxes are due quarterly: August 1, November 1, February 1, May 1
- There is a 10 day grace period. If the 10th day falls on a weekend/holiday, the grace period extends to the next business day.
- Please be advised that payments must be received in the Tax Office on or before the last day of the grace period – postmarks are not permitted.
Township Sewer Rents
Residential sewer: billed annually as a flat fee with a due date of April 1. The township offers a 10% discount for homeowners age 60 years or older. Residents must show proof of age to the Tax Collector to qualify for this discount and must reside in the property.
Commercial sewer: billed semi-annually based on water usage with due dates of November 1 and May 1.
E-Bills for Township Sewer
We now offer paperless billing for all township sewer rents. To sign up for this service we will require something in writing by the property owner – include name, property location and sewer account number with a valid email address. You can send this information 3 ways:
- Fax: 856-661-4779 (Attn:Tax Collector)
- Regular mail: Tax Collector’s Office 820 Mercer Street Cherry Hill NJ 08002
Once you sign up for this service, you will no longer receive a paper bill via regular mail. Please remember to keep us updated with any email address changes. You may pay your taxes/sewer online.
- Physical Drop-off - By cash or check at the Tax Collector’s Office, 820 Mercer Street. If building is closed, please utilize the mail slot. The mail slot is located on the double doors at the entrance to the Municipal Building.
- Mail - mailing a check to the Cherry Hill township Tax Collector’s Office, 820 Mercer Street Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- Online (Secure Site) - By credit card, debit card or electronic check (e-check). Click the link shown above, or on the left of our homepage or in the upper right of this page – you will then access the Edmund’s Web Inquiry & Payment Portal where you can obtain all your tax and sewer information by using your name, address or block/lot/qual numbers. Once you locate your account you will click on the "Make Payment" tab which will redirect you to the payment site. Please be advised that the payment processing company will assess a 2.39% convenience fee for credit and debit card payments and a 99-cent fee for e-check payments. No fees will be charged by the township. Credit and debit card payments cannot be accepted at the Tax Office or by phone.
- Financial Institution's Online Bill Pay Service - **New** - Effective January 2021, payments can be made to the Township through your bank’s online bill pay service electronically. When setting up the Township as a payee, please use “Township of Cherry Hill” as the payee name and “820 Mercer St., Cherry Hill, NJ 08002” as the remittance address. You must create a separate payee record in your bank’s bill-pay service for each account type you intend to pay to the Township (ie Tax vs Sewer). Enter ONLY your numeric account number in the account number field and if setting up your Sewer account number, you must include the hyphen. Please schedule your payment at least 5 business days prior to your due date to ensure timely receipt and accurate posting by the Township. Your bank may remit your payment via check which could result in mail delays and therefore late fees.
- Pay by Phone - **New** - Call the following numbers; For taxes: 855-472-2993; For sewer: 855-472-2990. To pay taxes you will need your tax account id number. To pay sewer you will need your sewer account id number. These account id numbers can be located on the bills that you receive. Easy to use payment feature – simply follow the prompts.
The State of New Jersey does not allow the Tax Collector to accept postmarks, therefore taxes must be received in our office on or before the close of the grace period.
Payments received after the grace period are charged interest retroactive back to the original due date. Interest is charged at the rate of 8% per annum on the first $1,500 of the delinquency and 18% per annum on any amount in excess of $1,500.
The tax sale process begins as of the 11th day of the 11th month in the current fiscal year (May) and the sale must be completed by the end of the current fiscal year (June 30th).
All payments received during the tax sale process must be in the form of a certified check, cashier’s check, money order or cash (online payments will no longer be accepted), additional costs will be due and all properties will be advertised in the newspaper.
For important dates, click here.
Tax Payment Reminders
The Office of the Tax Collector will send you email reminders approximately 1 week prior to the due date to make your quarterly tax payments. If you are interested, register and opt into Tax Payment Reminders. Any questions, please call the Tax Collector’s office at 856-488-7880. Failure to receive an email reminder does not exempt you from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes.