The Vial of Life Project is a Life-saving Information program for Emergencies. The Program provides you with a system to store your medical history and have it accessible for emergency personnel, particularly if you are unconscious or unable to communicate.
It is crucial for first responders' and hospital staff to be aware of your medical history, medications and allergies BEFORE they can properly and safely begin treatment. Please remember that is important to keep the information in the kit accurate and up-to-date. Also, you will need a kit for each family member, if needed.
There are three ways to use the Vial Of Life program:
- Go on line to the Vile of LIfe website and join the program, which is free.
- Create your own Vial of Life kit using a plastic bag or old medicine vial and print the below medical form and decals. Follow the instructions on the form.
- Pick up a free kit at Fire Headquarters - 1100 Marlkress Road - Central Command Building.
Please adhere to the following steps when filling out your form:
- Complete the form (remember to keep it up-to-date) and, if needed, completed one kit for each household resident.
- Place the form in the vial, along with any other information that may be pertinent during an emergency, i.e., copy of EKG, living will, DNR, etc.
- Print your name on the Decals.
- Place the vial in your refrigerator, preferably on the door
- Place one decal on the inside of your front door and the second decal on your refrigerator.
For additional information, please call Emergency Medical Services at 856-795-9805.