The Township’s Department of Public Works will begin the 2014 Leaf Collection Season the week of Oct. 20. Curbside collections will run, weather-permitting, through late December.
In the span of about eight weeks, DPW crews will collect more than 90,000 cubic yards of leaves left curbside. It’s an enormous task, but there are several steps residents can take to help expedite the process.
• Wait to rake leaves to the curb until the day before the posted pick-up date. Dates will be posted in each neighborhood approximately a week before collection is scheduled.
• Leaves should be raked to the curb, rather than in the street; storm drains should be kept free of leaves and debris.
• Leaf piles can only be collected if they’re free of branches.
• Avoid parking cars on streets scheduled for leaf collection, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. This is safer and will help prevent service interruptions.
• Most importantly, landscaping services are not permitted to place leaves out for municipal collection. They can deposit leaves – at no cost – at the Kresson Road ecology site by scheduling a drop-off time through Public Works.
Crews make every attempt to complete two collections in each neighborhood – which is why we begin this effort so early in the fall. This year, second collections are scheduled to start the week of Nov. 24; however, inclement weather – especially an early snowfall – can delay this process.
The easiest way to manage your leaves is still by bagging them. Free, 30-gallon recyclable paper leaf bags are available for interested residents in the Municipal Clerk's Office, Room 107, Town Hall, and at the Public Works Complex and Recycling Center, 1 Perina Blvd.
Bagging reduces the cost of leaf collection, and because they are collected on your scheduled trash collection day, they give residents more flexibility as to when leaves can be cleaned up.
The following areas are scheduled for leaf pick up the week of Oct. 20:
Ridings of Fox Run
Cooper Park Village
Second collection tentatively scheduled for the week of Nov. 24.
The following areas are scheduled for leaf pick up the week of Oct. 27:
Windsor Park West
Cherry Hill Estates
Point of Woods
Second collection tentatively scheduled for the week of Dec. 1.
Areas scheduled for pick-up the week of Nov. 3:
Fox Hollow Woods
Second collection tentatively scheduled for the week of Dec. 8.
Areas scheduled for pick-up the week of Nov. 10:
Barclay Farm Hamlets
Second collection tentatively scheduled for the week of Dec. 8 .
Areas scheduled for pick-up the week of Nov. 17:
Surrey Place East
Second collection tentatively scheduled for the week of Dec. 15.
Residents should note that the schedule may be adjusted due to inclement weather. Any delays or scheduling changes will be posted on this page as necessary.
For more information, call Public Works at (856) 424-4422, or the Mayor's Office at (856) 488-7878.
Have a happy fall season – and happy leafing!