2021 FALL LEAF COLLECTION INFORMATION
The full leaf collection schedule is available under the Public Works section of the Township's homepage, CHNJ.gov, or via this direct link: https://bit.ly/3FmojBe
- If you hire a lawn service for a fall leaf cleanup, please note that they cannot rake leaves to the curb for municipal collection. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure their lawn service hauls the leaves away to a disposal facility. Lawn services may haul leaves to the Township’s Kresson Road Ecology Site for disposal; this is a free service. Lawn services should call Public Works at 856 424-4422 for a permit.
- Leaves may be bagged for collection by the Township’s waste hauler, (biodegradable paper bags only), or put into open cans. The Department of Public Works encourages this disposal method as leaves are picked up weekly on your regular trash collection day.
- Do not place leaves in the street. Leaves must be placed on the park strip- (area behind curb or edge of road) or at the front property line.
- Please wait until your neighborhood is posted with leaf collection signs before raking leaves to the curb.
- Department of Environmental Protection regulations restrict leaves from being placed within 10 feet of any storm drains.
- Residents may take leaves to the Kresson Road Ecology Site for disposal. Please call the Department of Public Works for Ecology Site hours and to receive permission to use the site.
- Branches or other debris mixed in with leaf piles will not be collected.
Please note that weather conditions can interfere with the leaf collection schedule and a second collection is not always possible.
Questions or concerns? Please call the Department of Public Works at 856-424-4422 for additional information.