Special Law Enforcement Officer Class I and Class II Job Application
The Township of Cherry Hill is currently seeking applicants for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer Class I and Class II. Candidates who possess a current New Jersey Police Training Commission certification as a SLEO I or SLEO II from an approved police academy will be given preference. Retired police officers who separate from prior police service in good standing, and with proper training who satisfy the other requirements of N.J.S.A. 40A:14-146, may apply.
Interested applicants, upon reviewing the below listed qualifications, may click on the Module I application link at the bottom of the page to complete and submit the form.
The Special Law Enforcement Officer Class I/Class II is a part time member of the Cherry Hill Police Department. SLEO Class I/Class II officers are assigned for no more than twenty (20) hours per week to provide public safety and law enforcement services to a public entity. SLEO Class I/Class II officers maintain order at public gatherings. They may regulate and control pedestrian and vehicular traffic to assure safe and rapid traffic movement.
- Current NJ Police Training Commission Certification as a Police Officer, SLEO Class I/Class II from an approved police academy
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required; one or two years of relevant experience is a plus
- Prior Police Training Commission Firearms certification (CLASS II ONLY)
- United States Citizen
- Resident of New Jersey
- Have a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- Have the ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly and intelligently
- Have and demonstrate good moral character and have not been convicted of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any offense involving moral turpitude
- Pass an oral interview, medical and psychological examination as well as a drug screen
- Meet all qualifications of N.J.S.A. 40A:14-146 et seq
Cherry Hill Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on Module I Application link to complete and submit