Cherry Hill Township was allocated federal funds through the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) CDBG-CV program, authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Public Law 116-136, which was signed by President Trump on March 27, 2020, to help prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus pandemic. A portion of these funds has been set aside to assist non-profits organizations servicing Cherry Hill Township.
Many local non-profits that have been providing necessary assistance to Cherry Hill residents are also in need themselves of help offsetting the costs of providing the services related to coronavirus response. This program will provide small grants (up to $20,000) to local non-profits (either located in Cherry Hill or providing services to the residents of Cherry Hill) that have been financially impacted due to an increase in the demand for services needed during this pandemic.
- Public Facilities - improvements to eligible public buildings that were necessary as a response to coronavirus. NOTE: These could be government or non-profit owned, as long as the use is eligible. For example, a senior center or a homeless shelter could both be eligible. A youth organization serving non-LMI youth would not be eligible.
- Public Services - services offered to specific groups of residents, including seniors and/or low- and moderate-income residents, within Cherry Hill that have seen increased demand due to impacts of coronavirus
- Housing Improvements
The program must also meet a national objective:
- Benefit low or moderate income persons
- Prevent or eliminate slum/blight
- Address an urgent need - this may include public services that do not meet the other two national objectives
A full description of the grant program is within the grant application to be completed and submitted to the Township by 5:00pm, Friday April 9, 2021. Please note that we have extended the application submission date two weeks later than that noted in the grant application documents.
Click here to download the application as a Microsoft Word document.
Click here to download the application as a PDF.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Natalie Shafiroff, PP, AICP, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (856)432-8708.