Online Zoning Permit Application

Please follow all instructions carefully when submitting zoning permit applications online.  Online payments require payment at the time of submission and can be paid with a credit card or e-check (payment directly from your bank). If you wish to pay by check, your application must be mailed in to the Township.  Please see the Zoning page for more information.

All applicants submitting zoning permits shall be required to adhere to all Local, County, and/or State regulations that may pertain to the activities requesting to be undertaken in the zoning permit.  It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain any and all additional approvals that may be required prior to commencing such activities.  In submitting a zoning permit application, and any additional required materials, the applicant is certifying that the information provided therein is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge. The Department of Community Development reserves all rights to request additional information as needed to render a decision.

If you have questions about applicable regulations for your property you can review our zoning ordinance by following the link on the left of the page or contacting the Zoning Officer, Kathleen Gaeta at

Please review the following guidance documents to be sure that you provide us with all necessary information needed for your application.  If there is no guidance document for the improvements you are looking to make please just follow the general directions for the type of application you are applying for (residential or non-residential).


Residential Applications:

All residential application must include:

  • A survey, plot plan, or aerial image of the property showing the proposed improvement with the following information:
    • All dimensions such as the length, width, and height of the improvement (if constructing a fence please indicate the type of fence as well such as vinyl, wood, chain link, etc.).
    • Setbacks to all applicable lot lines.
    • If the improvement includes the addition of impervious surface, such as a patio, driveway, or addition, you must provide the total building coverage (if the new impervious coverage is a building) and the total lot coverage (required for all additional impervious coverage).
  • If the applicant is not the owner of the property, a Consent of Owner Form also required.  

If you do not have a survey of your property you may be able to obtain one through the Department of Community Development, if one is on file.  If you are the owner of the property, please contact Samuel Opal at to see if a copy of your survey is available.  If you are not the owner of the property, surveys can be requested through an Open Public Records Act Request through the Clerk’s Office.

Non-Residential Applications:

Please upload a document that includes the following information

  • For a change of ownership only, provide the name and address of the prior owner and the new/proposed owner.
  • For a change of occupancy only, provide the name of the proposed tenant and a brief description of the proposed use. If it is a multi-tenant structure please include the suite/unit number.
  • For a tenant fit-out only, include the name of the tenant and a brief description of the work proposed.
  • For a combination of any of the above provide the information requested for each type of request. 
  • If the applicant is not the owner of the property, a Consent of Owner Form also required.

We are no longer accepting online sign permit applications, please mail in all materials to the department of Community Development 820 Mercer Street, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002 Room 202.  Façade sign applications can be found here and Free standing sign applications can be found here

 If any exterior site work is proposed, please contact the board secretary at to determine if a land use board application may be required before submitting your application online.

Pay careful attention when selecting the “Work Type” below from the drop down menu, as permit fees may vary. Refunds will only be provided upon written request and may take up to sixty (60) days to process. Please call Community Development with any questions you have in this regard. Online applications will require electronic payment at the time of submission. A small processing fee will be applied.

CHIP apply now II Opens in new window