Bingo & Raffle
Applying for a bingo or raffle license involves three basic steps:
- Registration with the State of New Jersey as a "Qualified" organization
- Municipal approval of the event(s)
- State review of the municipally approved application
Any organization wishing to apply for a municipal license to conduct a bingo or raffle, must first register with, and obtain an identification number from New Jersey Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission (LGCCC). In order to register, the organization must submit a completed application accompanied by a non-refundable registration fee of $100. Senior citizen clubs and organizations are exempt from the registration fee. The registration is good for two years and is renewable every two years thereafter for a fee of $100. Once an organization receives the registration identification number from LGCCC, it may apply for a license from the Cherry Hill Township Clerk.
Any application must be processed and approved by the Cherry Hill Township Clerk's Office which can take up to 5 business days before being forwarded to the NJ LGCCC for a mandatory 15 business day review. Please note that an application for an off-premise raffle must include 2 sample tickets with the application. No tickets may be printed or sold until the LGCCC 15 business day review period has expired.
As allowed by law, Cherry Hill Township's fee schedule is identical to that of the LGCCC's. Therefore, when your organization submits its application for a bingo or raffle license to the Municipal Clerk, it must be accompanied by two separate checks - one payable to the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission (LGCCC) and one payable to Cherry Hill Township - both checks should be for the same amount. The fees are:
On-Premise Raffle (Tickets Sold the Date of the Drawing)
- Cash Prize (Less than $400) - No Fee
- Cash Prize (Greater than $400) - $20 per occasion to Township and LGCCC
Off-Premise Raffle (Tickets Sold in Advance of the Drawing and winners need not to be present to win)
- Cash (50/50)- $20 for each $1,000, or part thereof, is to be paid to the Township and LGCCC
- In the event the cash prize exceeds $1,000, then an additional fee will be required which will be based upon the Report of Operations as submitted to LGCCC
- Sample ticket required
- Merchandise - $20 per $1,000 retail prize value
Other Types Of Raffles
- Non-Draw Raffle - $20 for each wheel or game held on any one day, or any series of consecutive days not exceeding six at one location (carnival games or wheels)
- Instant Raffle Ticket - $20 per day or $750 for a one-year license.
- Golf Hole-in-One Contest - $20 per $1,000 retail prize value is paid to the Township and LGCCC
- Casino Night - $100 per occasion
- Armchair Race - $50 per day
- Special Door Prize Raffles: Requires no fee and no license - merchandise can be donated or purchased and a retail value less than $200.00 can be conducted with other raffles.
- $20 per game not to exceed 72 games per year
Questions? Need More Info?
Contact the Municipal Clerk's Office a 856-488-7892.
Review of the rules and regulations that govern bingos and raffles can be viewed at the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs website.
For your convenience, we have made the application forms available for download from our website. All of the forms can be completed by way of your keyboard and then printed. This is not the same as electronic filing and it is not possible to electronically submit the form to our office - you must print the form after entering the information, sign in original ink and return to this office.
- Application for Registration (PDF)
- Directions for Bingo/Raffle Application
- Bingo Application
- Raffle Application
- Raffle Report Operations - License must file a report of operations with the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission no later than the 15th day of he calendar month immediately following the calendar month in which the licensed activity was held, operated or conducted.